Amazing Human Facts
- Women blink twice as many times as men do.
- A human being loses an average of 40 to 100 strands of hair a day.
- By the time you turn 70, your heart will have beat some two-and-a-half billion times (figuring on an average of 70 beats per minute).
- Finger nails grow faster than toe nails.
- It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown. So smile is better than frowning.
- Every person has a unique tongue print.
- An average human scalp has 100,000 hairs.
- Blondes have more hair than dark-haired people.
- A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph (miles per hour).
- If removed from the body, the small intestines would stretch to a length of 22 feet.
- Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
- Left lung is smaller then right lung to make room for heart.
- Fingers serve a function - they provide traction for the fingers to grasp things.
- Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood we have only 206 in our bodies.
- A fetus acquires fingerprints at the age of 3 months.
- A finger nail or toe nail takes about 6 months to grow from base to tip.
- When we sneeze, all bodily function stop ... even our heart.
- Only 7% of the population are lefties.
- The distance between your wrist and your elbow equals your foot.
- After spending hour at the computer display, look at a blank piece of white paper. It will probably appear pink.
- An average computer user blinks 7 times a minute.
- Humans are the only primates that don't have pigments in the palms of the hand.
- The human body makes about two million red blood cells every second.
- The average person who stops smoking requires one hour less sleep a night.
- The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
- The only living tissue in the human body that contains no blood vessels is the transparent cornea of the eye.
- Your thumb is the same length as your nose.
- Muscles in the human eye move an average of 100,000 times a day.
- The average human brain weighs about 3 pounds.
- The longest bone in the human body is the femur.
- People are born without knee caps, they form between 2-6 years of age.
- The human spinal cord is 45 cm long in men and 43 cm long in women.
- Humans can hear in the range of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
- Your skull is made up of 29 different bones.
- Fingernails grow faster than toenails.
- Every day an adult body produces 300 billion new cells.
- There are nine muscles in your ear.
- Your teeth start growing 6 months before you are born.
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
- If you were to remove your skin, it would weigh as much as 5 pounds.
- The first known transfusion of blood was performed as early as 1667, when Jean-Baptiste, transfused two pints of blood from a sheep to a young man.
- There are two things we cannot do: breathe and swallow at the same time, and sneeze with our eyes open.
- One quarter of bones in human body is in feet.
- Human eye detects 10 million colors.
We have 24 guests online